Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Childhood Disease




It is sad time when we as a civilization have reverted back 50 years to exposing our children for the sake of “freedom to choose” to worry once again about childhood diseases that were mostly eradicated in my lifetime. Yes I get it; there is a chance for anything. There is a chance when I walk out of my door I may get hit by a car but this does not stop me each and every day from venturing out. The internet has connected us, to people, to large amounts of personal insanity.
To truly believe that vaccinations are harmful for children is very selfish. The adults are putting children at unnecessary risks. They are putting their own children at risks of the laws of nature. The laws of nature is “the survival of the fittest” were there will be thinning out the human race. I know I’m reaching here but, I might as well. When I listen to those parents who babble about their rights but put [my] children at risk it is the same stupidity.
They don’t believe there are any benefits of vaccinations or inoculations. I am old enough to remember the old people of my youth who contracted polio. Walking with those metal braces on their legs telling we younger ones how they contracted their disease. One does not see this anymore in the United States of America. As a child we got vaccinations at the Health Stations in New York City. Our scares were a badge of honor of sorts. We were showing off the next day in school “see I got mines!” ensured the completion of the task.
Vaccinations: the introduction into humans or domestic animals of microorganisms that have previously been treated to make them harmless for the purpose of inducing the development of immunity. [http://www.historyofvaccines.org/ ]The administration of antigenic material to stimulate an individual’s immune system to develop adaptive immunity to a pathogen. Vaccines can prevent or ameliorate morbidity from infection[Wikipedia]
I get that it is every person’s right to have a say to what is put into our bodies. The question is if it is for the greater good should one be forced. I used to worked where there was housing for The Commutable Disease where there was court ordered treatment for tuberculosis. I got paid to watch the medical staff to treat patients.
HIV/AIDS, Cholera, Influenza, Typhus, Smallpox, Malaria, Mumps, SARS, /AVIAN Flu, H1N1, it doesn’t matter there will be resistance in our society. Freedom of speech.
I have the right to live healthy and not be afraid of being exposed to contamination of any sort.
I GOT MY SHOTS. [my children and grandchildren did as well]

This has been a public service announcement [MY OPINION]

…Pandora



No comments:

Post a Comment