Thursday, October 9, 2014

PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE

Last year around Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays the mailbox was packed every week with the “Publisher’s Clearing House sweepstakes” There should be a law requiring how many winners per year, and what states there are in. Looks to me they run the same people in the commercials, and this year I have not seen any as of yet.
               What are “they” clearing? Publications? With the decline of print publications there should be less junk mail anyway. The filler mail in the envelope is products that can be purchased in today’s Dollar 99¢ discount stores. The question again, what is in the “Clearing House?”
               I played along for one year to see how far they would go to string me along. I was told that I am getting close. There are 5 people in my zip codes and I am moving closer to finding out the winner in my neighborhood. I have been getting close for that last [forever].
               There should be a law against “coning” people out of their money. Oh wait! There is. Games of chance, internet gambling is illegal in most states; Mail fraud in all 50 states.
               I think time has passed for this type of “junk mail” There some people who really believe there is a chance like I do with the State Lottery of Education. The difference is, it’s a dollar and a dream. The Lottery can get out of control, but there are people who do win. Publisher’s Clearing House I am not too sure if any, how often.
Today’s ‘Rambling’ brought to you by “Mailbox Keeper” he who clears out the mailbox and takes a hand full directly to the nearest trashcan.

….Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment