Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I’m in the shower, starting my routine when I looked down to see the extra that is in the shower with me. The extra width on my thighs and my waist are noticeable. My “Gurls” have gone south. I thought about complaining then I thought again.
 I thought about thanking my legs and thighs for carrying for almost 70 years [I’m closer to 70 then 20]. They have supported me through thick and thin. They have taken me work for over 35 years, carried two children at different times for 9 months. Then another year and a half off and on;  carrying each one at different times.   Grocery shopping, open school nights, emergency room visits between the hours or 1am and 4 am at different times for different children.  
I thought about my “Gurls”, my breast and how they are not paying attention to what’s ahead in front of them. They are not “uplifting” as much anymore. I remembered how they tried to feed two children once upon a time. How my “Gurls” filled out my dresses and sweaters in the right places, and hid small sums of cash from time to time.
I thought about complaining. I thought about the blessings. The blessings to be able to see another “ripple” in my thighs. The blessing to have a wider girth. The blessing to have the two sagging sidekicks.
Things are not as bad as they seem. Each day is a gift to unwrap and see the surprise that is waiting. I really smell the flowers. I really enjoy each and every day. My children are the keepers of my heart, the keepers of my soul. My grandchildren are my light on my path to my family’s future.
A Breast Cancer Survivor, I have a lot to be grateful, thankful for.
PANDORA….


No comments:

Post a Comment