Thursday, October 2, 2014

GPS
Get People Searching
GPS are the bane of my existence. Global Positioning System, GPS & Navigation systems seemed like a good idea at the onset. Blindly following turn by turn directions from a device that sounds like a Star trek robot that has no idea where we’re at!
Learning that this device needs to be updated at the wrong time, helps nothing. “In 200 feet make right turn”. There has been a railroad track for the last two mile running parallel with the road I’m on. I need to not to make any right or left turns for that matter! I prefer MapQuest®
I like to map out my travels to a new destination before leaving the house because of my prior experiences with GPS software.  I like to look at the surrounding neighborhoods to see if I am familiar with the general areas. I do not like surprises. Well, Surprise, not only did the map from the house computer told a lie, the car GPS and my Android turn by turn directions lead me to a dead end.
I called the office to get better directions. They gave the same directions as the Android. The issue in my town is it is growing and spreading. There streets that have not been mapped. The satellite doesn't help [evidently].(o_0). What’s the point of satellite connections if I do not have the right address or, I do have the right address and the road work has not been updated! This is proof that there is no “real time” GPS.
We finally found the place after we had lunch. Maybe the red wine help!

Be careful and make sure your GPS is up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment