Monday, October 13, 2014

DRIVING
Today you have car that can almost self-park. I have a rear camera on my car. There is your standard rear view mirror, left side mirror and the right side mirror; this is from sitting in the driver’s seat. Now they are trying to make “Driverless Cars”.
Getting your driver’s license was a rite of passage growing up. You watched your mom or dad driving and couldn’t wait to get your license. You studied the Manual, asked a thousand questions and became A “BACK SEAT DRIVER”.
When I started getting driving lessons from my father, we had a 1965 Dodge Rambler. It had two mirrors, a rear view and a left side one. There was no a right side mirror at all and it was a stick with the clutch behind the steering wheel.
 I took a “Driver’s Ed” in high school as an elective instead of home economics. The class had a little seat with a steering wheel, indicator controls, brake and gas pedals. We watched movies about other people getting driving lessons. That was it!
 When we sat in the back seat as children, there were no seat belts. There were no children car seats to speak of. My mother of father’s arm was the safety restraint. By the way gas was 35¢ and you had to choose between regular or high test.
When I started my family, I had a Ford Town and Country Station wagon. I used to put the kids all of the way in the back with pillows and blankets for long drives. Don’t judge me. I didn’t know better!
When I visited the south people did not wear shoes while driving. I thought this was brave.

Today, tsk, there are so many unnecessary accidents. Texting and driving? Why would you want to take your eyes off of the road? The fact is you have not been on this earth for a while. You have not been an adult that many years, therefore have not developed the skill to master the vehicle to start with. To you older drivers, you are not as quick as you think. [sh]

Moving right along, I think I will go into the store. Wait, someone is sitting in their car, in the Handicap space with no tag! I will just circle and give the “evil eye/ice grill”.

….Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment