Thursday, October 16, 2014

Mobile Telephone Technology

Mobile Telephone Technology
               Today one can check their email, search for information on a “Smart Phone”. There is what is known as “apps”. Applications that will complete certain tasks for the user. There are the applications [apps] that can do simple arithmetic calculations to square root of…whatever. There are useless apps for as far as I’m concerned that are pre-installed. There must be some sort of advertising gain or “sleeping with the devil” to have these pre-installed programs. Take for instance, the “Head phone” apps, the chat-room types, the “I want to find my family” app, three different message apps, and a few I have no idea what they are for. Then there are the “Office-on the go” apps. One can do spreadsheet or create a document for emailing. You can also use your favorite search engine to verify more useless information.
The Global Positioning Satellite [GPS] apps I find useful. If I have an address that I have looked up prior to my travel before I left my home, and cannot seem to locate, this app is very useful. You have to turn on the GPS on your phone to allow the assistance.
The calendar app is priceless. No more collecting appointment cards to lose, or missing meetings or concerts that I wanted to attend. The camera and photo gallery go together, make sense.
There is more technology that is being introduced which allows you to set your thermostat, security alarm systems. You can view the inside of your home just by the swipe of your phone. You can take a picture of a written check and with a “click” deposit it into your bank account. [Yipes]. Now I’m scared.
This is why I used get frustrated when I had to make a simple phone call. I have learned to “disable” apps, custom my home screen and minimize useless information that is all but annoyance.
My question is: Are there sufficient security for all of this technology? If we can view the inside of our home and cash a check with our mobile devices is there enough security for this? Is the NSA working on my behalf?
I just want to order some Chinese food.

…Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment