Saturday, November 19, 2011

"Leave Me Alone"

Leaves Leaves Leaves....I enjoy the Autum season as anyone else, but the leaves.. gesh..
My neighborhood is beautiful in the beginning of autum, with the changing of the color of the leaves.  I enjoy Halloween, Thanksgiving; pretty much all of the holidays this time of the year...Now the leaves have all hit the ground, trees naked, and my lawn has a new "covering"..{LEAVES!!]. I have leaves at the front door. I have leaves in my livingroom, in the bedroom, one or two in the bathroom. On the floor of the car, front and back seats! Pop the "hood",leaves are trapped on the windshield wipers...One day I was getting ready for bed, undressing, I found a leaf in my bra....enough.

Who in the world is getting them up this year?

 One year my granddaughter and I tried, between the yelling and 19 bags of leaves, we did a far job.
Another year I tried to pay the young neighborhood chaps, when they would knock on my door and ask, "Miss can I rake your leaves?"....they would just pile the leaves around the base of the trees and say "see it's decoration"..I payed them anyway.
Last year I met a lawn/landscaper vacuuming leaves on to the back of a truck! WHAT!!!EUREKA...Once again I will enjoy the rest of this season because I made{hired} a new friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment