Thursday, March 19, 2015

TODAY’S RAMBLE [03.19.15]

Lavern Cox Actress


In the news this morning there was a piece about an actress on the soap opera [THE BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL] who is playing a transgendered male –to-female. Let me apologize first if I am offending anyone, this is not my intentions.
What made the news is the fact that a character is a transgendered person. My question is, there are no Trans actors available to play that part? Yes the actress can play this part because she is an actor, but why not get a person that has lived this life first hand? Hollywood is so very hypocritical. Maybe one day there will no need to expose every ones private(s) and except them for who they are. If by chance they happened to be an actor or in my case, a doctor [I think] it will not matter. They will be judged by their professional abilities.
Side note: I was in the supermarket and a lady struck up a conversation with me at the fish counter. She was talking about the prices and I agreed they were a little higher than usual, and then I noticed she looked a bit strange. After walking away I realized for a 40-something year old her bust line was setting a wee bit too high! Breast in plants, this was my first close up of [I don’t know what to say] transgender person. I applaud her feeling good with herself; she may have needed more work. I tried not to stare; I want to take her aside and remind her boobs were way too high and could be bringing unwanted attention to you while work is in progress. I truly hope she continues to complete her journey and come into her full potential. For those who think this is a sin, what kind of a husband would this person make knowing this struggle within exists? Mr. Bruce Jenner comes to mind.
Everyone is on their own personal journey; maybe we can encourage one another as we travel through this labyrinth called life.
…Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment