Sunday, September 4, 2016

Remembering Grandmother Rosa ♥




They were a strange bunch, but I was told they’re family and you’re automatically supposed to except them.
It was the first time I went to Florida and spent time with my paternal grandmother. I had memories of her when I was a small child, but this time I was about 10 years old.
Lake Placid was a sleepy town with rows and rows of orange groves as I remember it. There was a spot off of one road called “Spook’s Hill”. The story as: One day a lone fisherman parked his car at the foot of the hill and walked away towards the fishing hole. When he looked backed the car started moving by itself. He knew no one could have walked up and got into his car! He ran screaming, and this is how it got its name “Spook’s Hill”. So my father with my mother and I were in one car did like the sign said “put the car in neutral and take your foot off of the brake!”. Sure enough the car started rolling very slowly backwards up the hill! I was speechless and amazed. My dad, who wore his hat cocked to one side, sat up straight and straightened his hat &*#@, my mother had her hand over her wide opened mouth! I eventually started laughing until I almost couldn’t breathe.
Every time I see moss hanging from a tree I think of my grandmother and the last time I spent one summer in Florida.
…Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment