Monday, September 5, 2016

Mother Teresa is now Saint Teresa of Calcutta


Mother Teresa is now Saint Teresa of Calcutta
Growing up in The Bronx, I am familiar with some of the Catholic traditions and formerly know Mother Teresa is one of them. I remembered the day she came to The Bronx and met with the Princess of Wales Dianna. This month Saint Teresa was Canonized.
I’m not sure if I was around for anyone else who was living and became a Saint, but I do remember Mother Teresa and her tireless work.  

Mother Teresa MC, known in the Catholic Church as Saint Teresa of Calcutta.
The worldwide Missionaries of Charities Foundation Mother Teresa launched in Calcutta in 1950 launched its first North American branch on E. 145th St. in the South Bronx more than 20 years later.[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa]

Mother Teresa stayed at the Bronx Mission for a few weeks in May and June of 1997. There, nuns and volunteers run a men’s shelter and a soup kitchen, and administer a food distribution center. June of 1997that Mother Teresa and Princess Diana met for the last time.
[http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/harlem-bronx-brooklyn-held-place-mother-teresa-heart-article-1.2776327]
Not being Catholic; I honor and salute you Saint Teresa. I hope you remain an inspiration to all of us.

…Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment