Sunday, January 4, 2015

The New Year..[so far]

It's only the third day of the New Year and no I did not break any of my New Year resolutions! Yeah! Not so fast, I found the secret of keeping my resolutions. NOT TO MAKE ANY! I decided many years ago to stop making them. Every start of the New Year I like the rest of the procrastinators, either never made any or it was March before I decided what I would or would not do. This saved me tons of grief. For the last 15 months I completed and won a battle with breast cancer. I rediscovered what it is truly important to me. The usual suspect is always on the top of the list. My family, my children and grandchildren to name a few. What I realized how much time I didn't take for myself. How I neglected myself and needed to rectify this.
Most women who have a family put themselves last when it comes to care taking. One gets into the habit of doing this for that person, doing that for this person by the end of the day total exhaustion. Before you know years have gone by, the children who you mind to the point to clean their nose have become adults in their thirties. You may be in your forties or fifties with the same habits of treating these people as you did for thirty years, enough already.
My first priority is my wellbeing. I have to do what feels right for me. The concept of holistic healing makes sense. The mind, body and spirit working together for your greater good are a key to healthy living. This is a learning journey, constantly changing scenery as you travel through life.
Which brings me to every New Year for the past few years, if I live my life to the fullest during the year I need not to resolve any choses that I have made for the past year or regrets. Please don’t get me wrong, I have made mistakes, major mistakes some I regret. I continue to create errors or bad judgments. I have learned to love myself through it. Learn through the examples or lessons so I don’t have to repeat them again then move on.
So, I start my New Year with a fresh page, new chapter and a desire to live. I cannot wait to see what the new, now, next has in store for me.
Happy New [Every] Year!
…Pandora


No comments:

Post a Comment