Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving morning at my house this year...

WHAT'S THAT I SMELL? "
TIME TO INVESTIGATE. ..
 I love the smells of the holidays. When I was a child my mom was not fussing at me and my siblings when it was time to cook for the holidays. I remember how she would start the week of Thanksgiving with the grocery shopping. Picking out the fresh vegetables and the meats that were on the menu for dinner. A few days before the greens [collards in our house] were soaked and washed. The sweet potatoes or yams were prepped for use. Thursday all meats go into the oven to cook. The list can go on how everyone had a chore to do in the kitchen. As an adult my traditions changes slightly, I too created my own traditions with my children. My sons enjoyed helping then eating, everything.
Today my sons have wives and families of there own and are creating their own traditions.The ladies are in my kitchen mixing and chopping with me in the family room watching the Thanksgiving Day parade on television with the grandchildren. Every now and then I wonder into the kitchen and wait patiently for an offer to "taste this" to which I reply "Not bad".

...QUALITY CONTROL OFFICER!

No comments:

Post a Comment