Wednesday, April 1, 2015

THE RELIGIOUS FREEDOM LAW?


…”The Religious Freedom Restoration Act says the government cannot "substantially burden" a person's ability to follow their religious beliefs, unless it can prove a compelling interest in imposing that burden or do so in the least restrictive way.
Proponents of the law say it will prevent the government from infringing on people and their ability to exercise their religious beliefs. Whereas, opponents say it could allow business owners to legally discriminate against the LGBT community.”
[http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/03/30/religious-freedom-law-indiana/70659788]
Here we are again with other issues that the LGBT community seem to think it is designed to discriminate against them. I am a LGBT supporter and disagree with them this time. I think I understand the point of if “we” (a company) want to be closed on a Sunday because of a religion we should have that right. The Indiana Law said nothing specific about any exclusions and one can read into this or get something total different out of it.
Today in America there are so many choices, there are more than one: shopping center, restaurant, drive-thru, church that one can choose from. The LGBT folks are chanting civil rights as if “they understand the true meaning of this battle cry as the Colored, Negro, Afro-American, Blacks, African-American do. It is funny how when there is a social out cry for injustice in the community I cannot hear the LGBT community. I am not saying they’re silent but really hard to hear unless “they” think it would put them back into the media somehow.
I think the companies that want to attract certain types of cliental should have their inclusions or exclusion clearly and visibly posted, understood with no room for misinterpretation then people can make a conscience choice as whether or not to patronize their establishments. As a company, I have to right, as long as I get not government funding, can exercise my freedom as well. I have walked into a store here in the south, and received a cold reception then walk right out of the door with my money. My money is green, if you have a problem with me, I truly understand and respect that, but you are not the only game in town! [Exit stage left]

…Pandora

1 comment:

  1. These laws no matter what is said or done a response to Gay Marriage in this nation. Republican governors are pandering to the Southern White evangelicals, and unsaved Roman Catholics in their districts. These laws are unconstitutional, and they know it. This country isn't a theocracy it's a Republic, these people are misrepresenting Christianity where is the Love Jesus spoke of? When to Atheist get married do we create a religious law in response to them? I practice my faith as a believer in Jesus, I pray for the LGBT community, and let them be.

    ReplyDelete