Saturday, December 13, 2014

Waiting

imageHow much of my life have I spent just waiting? Waiting for what you ask? It started with my mom when I asked her something to drink and she replied “Just wait a minute”. Then I learned [within reason]to get things myself. Throughout life you have to wait. I waited for 9 months twice for what was promised to be a bouncing bundle of joy. The bundle of joy turned out to be a little drill Sargent who kept a schedule from hell that they eventually grew out of it.You wait in lines for everything. You wait in line at the supermarket to….spend your money. You wait in the “snake” line at the bank about your money. A person has to wait for a check to clear even if it is your money. When you walk into a bank and try to brake a $100 bill, you have to deposit the bill. Until there was direct deposit I used to wait for my paycheck on payday in line. Now the paycheck is virtual but the wait is very real.
I do understand for security purposes for waiting. It is good nowadays to use a credit card in case there is fraud in a purchase and one can stop payment. Sometimes waiting will save you heartache as in waiting for an inspection on a newly purchased home. You have to wait none the less.
Today I am waiting at the Doctor’s office for my grandchildren. I do not want to catch something from those runny noses in the waiting room. So, in my car I sit…waiting.
…Pandora

1 comment: